this tool is a major step forward to provide developers with the ability to work with CRM customizations from within the Visual Studio development environment.
As release by the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Team:
The MS CRM E2 team is pleased to announce the release of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Toolkit, which is available for download from the MSDN Code Gallery at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/E2DevTkt
The Toolkit has been designed to make it easier for developers to customize, extend, and maintain an on-premise CRM solution, all from within an integrated Visual Studio environment. Key developer benefits include the ability to:
- View All CRM Entities - Displays a listing of CRM entities that are dynamically available from the CRM Explorer within Visual Studio 2008
- Create and Update CRM Entities - Allows for creating new entities and updating existing entities from within the CRM Explorer experience
- Create a Wrapper Class - Provides the ability to auto-generate wrapper classes for entities, which exposes the CRM entities and their corresponding attributes as classes and properties respectively to enable development of code to interact with the entities
- Generate Plug-in Code - Enumerates the available Plug-ins for an entity and generates the code necessary to jumpstart the plug-in development process
- Integrate the Build and Deploy Process - Simplifies the process of building and deploying a CRM solution
- Deploy Across Multiple Servers - Assists in deployment and maintenance of Windows installer packages across multiple environments
Find more information on this toolkit here.
See Jim Wang's technical blog [MVP] for quick installation instructions.